Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Eats, Shoots and Scores
Ronaldo 3-Argentina 0
2nd June, 2004


Ronaldo is the man, no one even comes close. I hope this convinces Camacho to stop letting Figo take Real Madrid's penalties.

Good, solid game on the whole. Argentina may have had more possession and shots, but I always felt Brazil was in control, except in the 80-90 minute phase.

The only low point was the aerial marking, especially by Roque Junior. I actually expected to see Edmilson at the back and Edu starting, but I guess I should have known that CAP would go with Roque even though the guy is a joke really. Hopefully he will be gone once Luisao and Lucio are back.

Edmilson had a monster game, to me he was Brazil's 2nd best player on the night, and I'm sure if he had not done such a spectacular vacuum cleaning job, the match would have been a lot closer.

Good games also for Cafu, Kaka, Ze Roberto. I was never keen on Ze Roberto being selected to the NT, but he proves me wrong every match. Good work rate, some good touches. Juninho did not do as much as I had hoped creatively, but showed good discipline.

Luis Fabiano started well, then disappointed for about 40 minutes before springing back to life. A decent match but I'm not certain whether he will play against Chile or whether we will see Ronaldo-Kaka-Alex.

Not that I'm complaining but what was Biesla thinking starting without Aimar, without a single truly creative player? And I also feel that saviola is now definitely a better player than Crespo.

Classic moment: Sorin runs with the ball and has no one near him, but after realising that he's Argentinian and that he's supposed to dive every 10 metres suddenly falls down with no one near him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home