Monday, May 24, 2004

Real Madrid vs. Real Sociedad (1-4)
last match of the season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a lot to say but am too tired and feb up to say it, and this team is not worth it.

The 3 games against Mallorca, Murcia and Sociedad are the worst sequence I have seen in 13 years of following this club. Never have I seen such a lack of pride in the white shirt, it's history and what it means. I don't care what the reasons are, it's disrespectful towards the fans who give these players and the club so much, whose support helps the players live their galactico lifestyle. Players who are on my all-time favourite list like Raul, Ronaldo and Zizou make me cringe when I watch their lackadaisical, shambolic, self-parodying efforts.

last night was the final nail on the coffin. To play like that when Barca also lost broke my heart.
As far as I am concerned, they can sell the whole lot of them, including Raul. I know that they were tired and had lost confidnce, but I saw Ronaldo against France and it was not the same player. Except for Figo, the rest played at less than 50% of their ability. I want a manager with some steel and a team with some heart, and 2 balls where they need to be.

Pavon's marking and positional sense was spectacular as well... Jordi and Borja were equally brilliant. They all epitomised this anti-matter version of madrid, and get 10/10 for uselessness. We can blame Queiroz for not giving them chances but everytime they play I get more convinced, that except for Meija, raul Bravo and Juanfran, the current batch at the cantera are pure, unadulterated crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home